[Oberon] Status of NW Sources to Oberon

Paul Onyschuk blink at bojary.koba.pl
Sun Apr 6 18:11:06 CEST 2014

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:56:13 +0200
"volkert at nivoba.de" <volkert at nivoba.de> wrote:

> i quickly scanned through the sources found on NW's Homepage
> (http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ProjectOberon/index.html). Are
> these really the latest sources of the Project Oberon-System, used in
> FPGA-Oberon or the "RISC.img"? I found several Modules, where f.e.
> LONGINT is used. Looks not like Oberon-7 to me.

According to "Oberon at Glance" paper, LONGINT may be synonym to INTEGER
and LONGREAL synonym to REAL.  Paper "An Oberon Compiler for the ARM
Processor" has a note about an exercise in text editing, when it comes
to replacing SHORTINT and LONGINT with INTEGER.

Guess it was faster to remove SHORTINT, since it wasn't used in so
many places and provide synonym for LONGINT to INTEGER for time
being.  Hence occurrences of LONGINT in revised Project Oberon.

--
Paul Onyschuk