[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): suggestions for documentation.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:41:20 CEST 2014

It seems that Jan Verhoeven  is promoting pdf over html for our documentation?

>HTML is to PDF what a spreadsheet is to a database. Millions use a
>spreadsheet as a database, until they make one tiny error and all
>records are jumbled up. Something impossible in a true database (like
> Borland's "Reflex").

We should use the lowest-common-denominator.
I'd select plain ASCII text, except that html has unfortunately replaced
that on the internet - which we are forced to use to inter-communicate.

Normally I wouldn't even mention my 'new format' : TextToSpeech.
These days I find it has a better benefit-to-cost-ratio -- for me.

For real complex documentation, where you'd want to paste/move
diagrams and change colour/font of text there's NOTHING more
powerful than ETHO. But we would never try to persuade others
to use that. So lets stick with the simplest and forget about the
eye candy.

== Chris Glur.