[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 07:14:07 CEST 2014

Peter De Wachter wrote:-
]This is a bit complicated to diagnose, as we don't know which software
]you are using or how it's configured.
]
]Normally SDL uses X11 on Linux. The emulator by default will run in a
]window, and if something weird happens you should be able to simply
]close the window.
]
I can't remember if I ran SDL2+V5 in PC:X86:linux, but that could be
interesting; and I'll report back; but I'd have no USE for V5, since
LEO does everything already.

In rPi:X the Ctrl/Alt/backspace & Ctrl/Alt/Del are not <blocked> by SDL2,
but in VT-mode they are, and power-down is needed.
OTOH I was very impressed to see the V5 display, in non-X-mode.

]It seems that there also exists a special Raspberry Pi version of SDL
]that runs without X11. See this document:
]http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/SDL/README-raspberrypi.txt
]
]It offers to following cryptic advise:
Yes cryptic; that's why I'm disciplining myself not to debug the SDL2
facility. Besides using the SDL2 monster to carry the-little-V5 is not
Wirthian!

== Chris Glur.

The increasing rPi population needs a lightweight ETHO.