[Oberon] Creating SD card image - RISC.img

Paul Onyschuk blink at bojary.koba.pl
Sat Apr 12 15:58:21 CEST 2014

Since Peter De Wachter done such great work with emulator, next logical
step in my opinion would be to get it fully self hosted: creating new
RISC.img under emulator and exporting it via PCLink, then booting from
new image.

There is information about boot linker module called ORL in section
14.2 of Project Oberon, but it seems that code for it isn't provided.
Are there plans to change it, is there any ETA for it?  I've seen some
previous discussion about it on mailing list, but that was before
availability of emulator.

Listing partition table gives interesting results:

$ fdisk -l RISC.img

Disk RISC.img: 268 MB, 268862464 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 32 cylinders, total 525122 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

RISC.img1   *        2048      524287      261120    6  FAT16
RISC.img2          524288      655359       65536   ff  BBT

I would like to ask Paul Reed about details involving creation of
image (since current images are provides by him as far I understand),
but I'm afraid it could be asking too much at the time.

--
Paul Onyschuk