[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun Apr 13 02:16:04 CEST 2014

A similar discussion has been going on for the last six months regarding the
maintenance of the BlackBox Component Builder (Component Pascal a.k.a.
Oberon/F) source code base:

http://forum.blackboxframework.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=43

However, in this case there was good reason to start a new repository.
Oberon microsystems released 1.6 of BlackBox on the 15th Oct 2013 and, at
the same time, made the announcement:

"Oberon microsystems does not plan to work on BlackBox beyond version 1.6.
All future corrections, improvements and the release management will have to
be driven by the community."

I see no such reason to start considering a third source for the maintenance
of the implementation of Project Oberon on Wirth's RISC processor until both
Niklaus Wirth's website and Paul Reed's Project Oberon website cease to be
maintained.

Regards,

Chris Burrows
CFB Software