[Oberon] Oberon on the Raspberry Pi

Paul Thomas Melville ptmelville at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:08:55 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM, eas lab <lab.eas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even if you must unplug rPi to exit V5, it could be of use, provided you
> could read/write the <outside world>.  My rPi V5 doesn't run any more?
> But I won't spend effort debugging it, if the written test file/s
> can't be easily
> accessed from linux.  AFAIK, my V5 TextFile was still available after reboot.

You can send files back and forth to system using PCLink - check pcsend.sh
and pcreceive.sh.  This is all, when it comes to interoperability between Oberon
and underlying host system (Linux or whatever you're using).  This is the same
method you would use to exchange files with Oberon running on FPGA.  Full
hardware is emulated and Oberon isn't even aware that it isn't running
under real
hardware. This is similar to Native ETHO running under QEMU.

Accessing filesystem of host system or launching Linux commands is just not
possible, since Oberon in this case doesn't know anything about underlying
system.