[Oberon] RISC5

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 23:41:40 CEST 2014

On 22 April 2014 00:28, eas lab <lab.eas at gmail.com> wrote (in part):
> Nemo wrote:-
> ]Further to this thread, look at the source for the compiler.  The
> ]initialisation part of the parser enters "SYSTEM", "VAL", "VAR", and
> ]all the other special procedures into the symbol table, each with its
> ]own "type" and pre-determined rules.  When the parser finds one of
> ]these special types, instructions are generated according to
> ]pre-determined rules.
>
> Which compiler?

The compiler source may be found on Wirth's homepage:
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ProjectOberon/index.html

[...]
> So that porting to a different architecture, just means replacing the
> pseudoCode byte sequence/S?

Yes but you must do some homework first to understand how the compiler
works and how the code generation works.  I am not familiar with the
Oberon compiler and thus cannot give you detailed guidance.  The
compiler is discussed in Chapt 12 of the book.  I suggest reading that
chapter before looking at the compiler source.

N.