[Oberon] PO.Computer documentation (was: Compiler Modules Empty?)

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 05:11:00 CEST 2014

Chris Burrows wrote:-
]....It sounds as
]though you have an obsolete version of PO.System.pdf and you don't have
]PO.Computer.pdf. Try downloading the documentation again.

]Chapters 16 'Implementation of the RISC processor', and Chapter 17 'The
]processor's environment' are included in the separate file: PO.Computer.pdf.

You have chosen to ignore my [now snipped] pageNo.-description [which is
available from the pdf] and change it to Section-description, which also matches
my pdfS.

]> PS. Nobody ever mentioned the ETHO x86 <dis-assembler>, whose output is
]quite
]> fascinating.

]The equivalent is available for ProjectOberon RISC5:
]
]  ORTool.DecObj*   (*decode object file*)

Yes, I'll study that, which may be a template for bigger
architectures; meanwhile
since you're expert in ARM-code can you confirm IF the following bytes match the
source:----
OMG !! I can't paste from the rPi to the PC; so I'll go via paper.

 a:=3.2; b:=34.0;
Out.String("Hello World"); Out.Real(a*b, 12);Out.Ln;
====
e8 bd 90 00  SP! {FP PC}
eb 00 01 04   BL 468H
eb 00 01 08   BL 47cH

?BL sounds like branchOnLess; but HelloWorld has no decisions?

== Chris Glur.