[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 05:42:30 CEST 2014

]Did you use binary provided by oberon-1.7.02 or recompiled it from
]source.

It was several years ago. I can't remember the details. I'd need to
dig out my logs. There's too much happening. I can't cope, and it
won't be helped by 10*speed RAM, saving me a few micro-seconds.
Yesterday I looked at the <set args and launch> script, to understand
how he sets [and later removes] symlinks, if you launch from another
dir. That seems OK, but I'm confused at the line at/near the end
re. $1 $2 $3 ...

Since he's included the 2   *.c sources to <couple V4 to Linux>,
I'm wondering why this couldn't be used to port to rPi.

Here's another example of psychology trumps technology:
 while writing this, I thought of: chroot /mnt/FC1 locate V4 | grep z
 which gave:
/mnt/p6/usr/local/V4tmp/oberon-1.7.02/oberon-1.7.02.tar.gz
=>
# Make File for building the Linux Oberon Loader
# Runs on Linux ELF

CFLAGS = -O2

all:    oberon wrapper

oberon: linux.oberon.o
        gcc $(CFLAGS) -o oberon linux.oberon.o -ldl -lm
        strip oberon

linux.oberon.o:
        gcc $(CFLAGS) -c linux.oberon.c

By reading his "INSTALL" it seems that just expanding the:
 oberon-1~.tar.gz 3854078, allowed running V4.

]I couldn't get working binary from fresh compilation.  I
]don't think it is a problem with some code being optimized out, since
]compiling with -O0 gives the same results.
]
Apparently gcc is a moving-target nightmare. But that C for you.

]Binary works, but it isn't much of use for me.

=> File: INSTALL  ==..

o A Linux - System running ELF. glibc2 or higher required.

o XWindow, Release 11

== Chris Glur.