[Oberon] Digilent Spartan 3 Board

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed Apr 30 13:54:36 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

in the mean time I've got two suggestions by Digilent and Numato.

Digilent suggest Nexys 4 in a very short mail (I guess this one:
https://digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,1184&Prod=NEXYS4).

Numato suggest this one: http://numato.com/waxwing-spartan-6-mini-module
together with an development board, which is currently in pre-release state:

>>The development board (Minimudule needs to be installed on this board)
>> has the following features.
>>
>>* Power supply necessary for all logic and peripherals
>>* FT2232 USB Communication
>>* 4x PMOD compatible connectors
>>* 1 HDMI connector (buffered)
>>* 1 VGA connector
>>* 16x2 alphanumeric LCD
>>* 2x 7 segment LED displays
>>* 8 general purpose LEDs
>>* 8 Microswitches for user input
>>* 1 dip switch
>>* Onboard SPI flash programming support (No need of platform cable for configuration)
>>* JTAG connector
>>* SD card slot
>>* PWM Audio out jack

Does somebody with more experience in FPGA have an opinion?

I am tempted to give Numatos Waxwing a try ...

regards
--
  Bernhard

[...]