[Oberon] Digilent Spartan 3 Board

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Fri May 2 02:13:40 CEST 2014

Dear Bernhard,

>  >  Why not just buy a Spartan 3 board?
> https://digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,799&Prod=S3BOARD
>
> hmm, to be honest: I don't want to invest time and money in a board
> which is deprecated and will be discontinued real soon now ...

Yes I think you've made that clear; and I think I've made it clear that I
estimate it to be non-trivial to move the existing system to other more
"modern" boards, including the ones you are suggesting (which are more
expensive too).

If you want to run the Oberon system on an FPGA right now, there is a
simple board available which does the job.

So I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before, I'm trying to understand what you
*do* want to do, if that isn't it.  It was a transitive "why" :)

Cheers,
Paul