[Oberon] more attention and a larger community?

Andreas Baumann abaumann at webware-experts.de
Tue May 6 08:38:28 CEST 2014

> Anyway, "FPGA Oberon" is light years away to support this kind of high
> scalable systems (concurrency, scalabilty, fault tolerance, .. ).

I agree.

I see the embedded area as one main application area  !

Server oriented is in this context related to the communication with the user and other clients.
One part of the „oberon starter kit" is responsible for high performance digital  ( analog support with additional ic ) io.
The other part use ethernet / TCP/IP stack.
The „oberon starter kit“  could have a minimal http server which is able to deliver html5 page, css, javascript.
With this you can bold a HTML5 frontend wich could be run on a pc, tablet or phone.
Supporting web socket you could implement realtime gui to show dynamic data ( read from digital / analog input).
I have this implemented that with the beaglebone but with the go language.
The FPGA part of the „oberon starter kit“ should be also used for „hardware implemented algorithms“.

A killer features would be to implement a user friendly bridge between oberon program and the „hardware implemented algorithms“.
This could be a unique property of the „oberon starter kit“  ==> and I think we really need a unique property of „oberon starter kit“  !!!

best regards

Andreas