[Oberon] ORL.Mod

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Mon May 19 17:40:31 CEST 2014

Dear Chuck,

> I would like to be able to create the inner core startup binary image that
> is loaded by the RISC5 boot loader from the flash.
>
> Does anyone have a copy of the ORL.Mod file that they can share with me or
> can it be made generally available?

As I've commented before, the code for a cross-linker such as ORL.Mod is
pretty much the same as Modules (e.g. with no need to call the module
bodies).

Rather than publish an additional whole load of cross-tools, with
attendant dependencies and version-control issues, I'd prefer to help with
any specific issues you have modifying Modules and would be delighted to
see such a contribution.

Now that Peter de Wachter has kindly contributed a highly-portable RISC
emulator, the task of self-building is considerably easier and would mean
that no cross-tools are needed, a very significant advantage (GCC anyone?)
:)

Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Paul