[Oberon] NEW on POINTER TO RECORD always results in NIL (RISC Oberon) - bug?

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Thu May 22 10:14:02 CEST 2014

Dear Mr. Schierl,

> [I tried to post this message about a month ago and never received any
> feedback - seems that it never got approved. Now that I'm subscribed to
> the list, I'll try again :)]

Perhaps you can't post until you are subscribed, as an anti-spam measure.

Thanks very much for reporting this NEW() behaviour, we are currently
looking into it.  Certainly at one stage I remember, local record types
were disallowed altogether.  Would that approach work for you?

With best regards,
Paul