[Oberon] Old versions: MultiScreen Select?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 10:45:35 CEST 2014

On 06/07/14 07:19, eas lab wrote:
> I vaguely remember that old versions of ETHO couldn't select text-stretches
> which exceeded the ViewerSize, which the mouse could sweep.

But you could always split the viewer and select arbitrary long text
by starting the selection in the first viewer and ending it in a
different part of the document in the second viewer.

Richard
==============
As Peter Easthope pointed out, the finer details are that:
Old method needed sweep TopViewer till bottom, and sweep lower Viewer
 from from top. Which works with ALO now.

Since I've got rPi:ALO connected via HDMI to the same display as
X86:LEO via VGA, and they both have the same look and feel, I can
easily forget who I'm talking to, when I come back after a few hours absence.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

PS. the following belongs to the <functional composition> thread;--
I've been thinking how to show the marvels of *nix piping to some
non-*nix users, via this exercise:
Why is this LEO [aka Linux-based ETH Oberon] hanging?
Show me the pid/s of all LEO = pgrep beron
Show me the latest one started = pgrep beron | tail -1
Show me which files it has open = lsof | grep `pgrep beron |tail -1`

!!Wow!!
There a big problem. Right now, by test/pasteing that cmd, it shows:
.. IPv4 391647 TCP 10.208.223.203:41160->78.46.70.116:nntp (ESTABLISHED)
But I've been off-line for 10 hours.