[Oberon] A Linker.Mod for an almost self-hosted RISC Oberon

Bernhard Treutwein Bernhard at wildwein.de
Mon Jun 9 18:20:20 CEST 2014

Am 4 Jun 2014 13:14:41 -0500 schrieb Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net:

 > The workstation versions of Oberon had a modified linker that
produced boot files.
 > From memory, I think this was called BootLinker.

absolutely correct for the Unix versions of V4. The Bootlinker is/was a
special
program - a modified  linking loader - combining the modules of the
"inner core"
into a memory image, which could be loaded by a small C program (which also
provided the interface to the basic libraries).

See subdirectories of
http://sourceforge.net/p/oberon/oberonv4/ci/master/tree/

The Plugin-Version under Windows of later System 3 had a PELinker instead,
which directly created Windows executables.

--
   Bernhard