[Oberon] A Linker.Mod for an almost self-hosted RISC Oberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 05:15:57 CEST 2014

This relates to my thread about <composition>.

I haven't used V4 for some months, so it could 'take a minute to find
the keys'; and if it's not immediately available, you WON'T do it!
So, I was hoping that LinuxOberon.Boot was the text-explanation.
So, in linux, immediately, without launching another <viewer> I want to
see the contents, which was reported/warned as <looks like a binary>.
A 1-line [existing] `o2u <paste the fileName>` shows eg.
Warning! No resumeThreads installed
not yet implemented
Kernel
EventLoop
FKey
GCenabled
GetLocalTime
RegisterObject
InstallTermHandler
codebase
ioctl
symlink
readlink
...  This is starting to look massively complex ?
So, I glanced at BootLinker.Mod , using `cat <pasteFileName> | o2u`.
But I didn't like the 8-space-TABs, so I just added <replaceTab with3spaces>.
And linux-shell [no viewer] shows stuff like:--
   END OverReadTypes;
BEGIN
   INC(m.refcnt);   (* Kernel never unloaded *)
   (* link to Windows and entry point: *)
   dlsymAdr := m.sb - 4;
   kernelBody := S.ADR(m.code[0]);
   (* find entries for KernelRoutines *)
   pos := S.ADR(m.refs[0]); refend := pos + LEN(m.refs^);
Don't you think <function composition> is great and should be 'added' to
ETHO? Which would be a trivial task, compared to eg. the <Vinci scheme
graphic package>.

== Chris Glur.