[Oberon] Large displays in Emulated RISC Oberon

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Mon Jun 16 08:50:23 CEST 2014

On 6/15/2014 3:01 AM, eas lab wrote:
> Yes, the display is absolutely central to ETHO
Just an slightly off topic comment.
I am developing a module called MyViews which
abstracts and hides all the details of a view.  The
concept of a Frame is hidden (and handled internally).
Every 'view' has associated a list of attributes that the
user is free to add to.  Examples are 'size', 'stretch,
'color', 'arrayScale', 'font', ...  One creates a specific
view, initializes it (which creates a specific hidden inner view)
and then sets the attributes of their choice.  A single
'Draw' method of a view is all that is needed to render the
view where the attributes of the view (may) be recalled to aid
in the rendering.

Since I am doing this in BlackBox I can also position the view
anywhere on the screen which I now greatly prefer to the
(old) tiled views of Oberon.

-Doug Danforth