[Oberon] Version extentions.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 05:24:21 CEST 2014

As part of my attempt to recover/consolidated my decades of N-O files,
I installed the latest [a few years old] LNO. Both the FrameBuffer &
X version are improved over my previous version.
Like an early version of ALO char("*") needs 2-fingers.
Since "*" is the most used char, one wonders if/how the developer ever
took the product for a serious drive. I.e. what tricks am I missing.
---
Also reading J.Verhoeven's VruttenBoel ETHO webpages: shows
"ETH Oberon (<ver 2.4.3>) for Linux x86", named as LNO.

I should perhaps take blame for naming:
"ETH Oberon (<ver 2.4.3>) for Linux x86" , LEO.

Little wonder that Duke got confused and frustrated, and made more
forcefull queries. He might have become a valuable user/contributer
by now, if not expelled.

The version extensions of ETHO: DOSbased, Native, LNO, LEO, ALO have been
very successful IMO. What does this tell us about ETHO's essential design?
IMO linux's version forking is a pity.

== Chris Glur.