[Oberon] Re (2): mail reader, Web browser; was Re: Complete Spartan-6 system under $100

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 23:11:33 CEST 2014

Yes, LEO too, just uses the host *nix system. And ALO for rPi, similarly.
Do the guys who want to make <raw hardware> Oberon, realise that having
USB is *MUCH* more important that <running at light speed>?

A serious omission in System.Directory is <ordering by 'latest'>, which is much
more useful that alphabetic-ordering. That's why stacks are indispensible.

With LEO I just use:
System.Execute Lz
 where Lz is the *nix script:-----
echo 'show recentcy-ordered: ID & siZe only, in:'
pwd
# show some fields of 'ls -l'
ls -lt |
awk '{print $5 " : "  $8 }'  | head

== Chris Glur.

This web-based Gmail is intolerable!
If I was confident that LEO's TLS/SSL worked I'd try that.
We've got too few users/testers/supporters for each branch of ETHO.