[Oberon] High-level language vs assembler

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Wed Oct 22 02:18:33 CEST 2014

Whichever notation you prefer is inconsequential. The mental effort required
to reliably and efficiently manipulate register usage and memory locations
is a task much better performed by machines than humans. This is particlarly
so with RISC designs with 16 or more registers at your disposal.

The SYSTEM-type facilities allow you to perform low-level ASM-like
operations on high-level structured data items without having to manually
juggle with registers and keep track of absolute addresses.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Burrows
CFB Software