[Oberon] Hardware versus software development.

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Oct 31 17:44:12 CET 2014

Wojtek

I love this kind of interaction. It shows that the way more HW related
people (you) and the way more SW related people (me) are thinking differ.
- I say: The SW does it like that and HW has to adapt, without considering
the HW impact of my decision
- You say: we take this HW and the SW has to adapt, without considering the
SW impact your decision might have.

We are inline with the LX9 :-) Knowing that these days SDRAMs is more
prominent than SRAM, I was looking at it and found that the LX9 offers MCBs
that might simplify Verilog code. But we would then need the FT256 or CSG324
package. Did you consider this option?

A word on SRAM: At first view, the kickstarter project "Papilio Duo" looked
promising to me as it was using SRAM iso SDRAM. But we would have to adopt
the Verilog memory driver quite a bit to emulate the 32bit access of RISC5.

In essence: Interaction of HW aspects and SW aspects are the things that are
important.

br
Jörg