[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Oberon0.Dsk and the BootFile, Native.Bin

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Nov 13 21:23:29 CET 2014

From:	Paul Onyschuk <blink at bojary.koba.pl>
Date:	Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:44:45 +0100
> MBR definitly needed some initialization before
> installation, maybe even more than initialization of partition table.

Linux and grub work on the machine.  The MBR is OK for them.
The NO installed by the Oberon0 diskette also works.  Can there
be anything wrong in the MBR?

> VGA requiered some fiddeling also.

Startup gives only "OBE".  It should spell out "OBERON".
This indicates a failure in the first or second sector of the
disk part?  It doesn't reach the higher resolution video.

Sector 0 is written by Partitions.Format isn't it.  And sector 0
should be the same whether from diskette-Oberon0 or QEMU-Oberon0.

> I don't have any notes left, only working image (could share
> it, but don't know where to upload it - size of file = 100MB). Maybe,
> when I find some time I'll share the info.

Thanks, but if Partitions.Format is writing sector 0 incorrectly,
the image probably won't help.

Thanks again,               ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202  http://carnot.yi.org/  Bcc: peter at easthope. ca