[Oberon] New BlackBox Mailing List

Oleg N. Cher allot at bk.ru
Sat Nov 15 05:28:44 CET 2014

Dear "ETH Oberon and related systems" admins of the list,

The company "Oberon microsystems AG" ( Technoparkstrasse 1
CH-8005 Zürich, www.oberon.ch ) announced the termination of support the
"BlackBox Component Builder" ( www.oberon.ch/blackbox.html ) -
Oberon-2/Component Pascal environment for MS Windows.

Informal communities continued the development of BlackBox. For example,
BlackBox Freenix - project of OberonCore community - porting BlackBox
for Linux - http://oberoncore.ru/projects/bb-freenix

Also there is project http://blackboxframework.org

And my own development environment XDev, based on BlackBox and Ofront
(Oberon-2 to C translator) by Software Templ OG:

https://github.com/Oleg-N-Cher/XDev

And recently "Oberon microsystems AG" announced the termination of the
BlackBox Mailing List, and I am afraid that it is a serious blow to the
centralized communications for all BlackBox developers. They immediately
began arguing - where exactly and how best to organize the mailing list.

This must inevitably lead to the fragmentation of the community, because
members are not able to trust enough authority of the mail list of one
of them. And I believe, ETH is the greatest authority in matters of
Oberon technologies.

I turn to the heart of the matter. If you have the opportunity, I would
like to ask you to make a new mailing list for all BlackBox developers
at your server. They don't want "common" list on all implementation of
Oberon. They want exactly the mailing list on BlackBox only.

And I have one more request to you. I would like to read and write a
another mailing list on Oberon technologies in Russian language. It
would be very convenient for me and my friends from "VEDAsoft Oberon
Club" - http://zx.oberon2.ru

Email me, if it's possible with your help.

Thank you very much!

--
Oleg N. Cher
VEDAsoft Oberon Club