[Oberon] Project Oberon Network Setup

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:18:20 CET 2014

> We don't like this type of deception.
> If the project is not "open", that's OK; but such should be stated up
> front.

Chris Burrows wrote:
]I don't understand. You have ALL the source code. What is not "open"?

Where were the sources of <SYSTEM.Mod> exposed: that I've been using for
the last 20 years?

<bob at web-options.com> wrote:
] It's stated in part 12 of the language report.
] You can't get much more up-front than that, except perhaps by
] moving it to part 1.

-> System.Execute locate eport | grep ext ==
/usr/local/bin/V4/oberon-1.7.02/Text/Oberon2.Report.Text
/mnt/hdc6/home/oberon/docu/Oberon.Report.Text ==

The Programming Language Oberon-2

H. Mössenböck, N. Wirth
Institut für Computersysteme, ETH Zürich,
1992-1996

        1  Introduction
        10  Procedure Declarations
        11  Modules

        Appendix A  Definitions of Terms
-> Search: SYSTEM  ==
        Appendix C  The Module SYSTEM ==
The module SYSTEM contains certain types and procedures that are
necessary to implement low-level operations particular to a given
computer and/or implementation. These include for example facilities

This does NOT 'open the code implementation'.

I'm guessing that it was previously NOT-open,  for good reasons,
and it's becoming more open now?

== Chris Glur.