[Oberon] Oberon / Linux Revival

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 20:10:52 CET 2015

> with the help of some personal communication with Peter
> I succeeded in starting olx.

That's not so good. This is supposed to be a collaborating team.

===========
> Oberon Linux Revival (11.6MB) & TinyCore should allow for an Oberon
> System on current PCs with a footprint lower than 25MB Disk Space ...

That's not very relevant in the context of the massive X11-system.

IMO N-O performance via a FrameBuffer was a great achievment.
Doesn't N-O provide enough info to do this for linux kernels?
Also Peter Matthias' FrameButtered LNO version is good.

I'm confused about d/l-ing the *.tgz for this project:
  repeatedly the *.Mod files are mentioned. I've got all of these
  since I've been using ETHO since the 90s. And the wiki doesn't yet
  mention this 'olx' project. As with alo: the non *.Mod files which
  <connect the ETHO to linux> are very small/few.

https://drive.google.com/ seems another one of these <bait & switch:
as the americans call it>.  Eg. d/l-ng Wolfram/Mathematica for rPi
consumed my whole month's inet quota, and every line of the <tutorial>
needs 2 accesses to their server. They want to suck your brain out,
like the peddlars of luckystrike and PeterStyvesant.

Will the theoretical foundations of the commonality of using:
X86, ARM, ppc ; linux be published. Or is this another secret project
being beta-tested?

== Chris Glur.