[Oberon] Oberon 3 on Windows 7, PELinker, Windows executable

Oleg N. Cher allot at bk.ru
Tue Mar 17 15:51:30 CET 2015

Dear Dieter,

> I am using the Modules "Out, Oberon, Strings, Texts, Objects, Files".
> And I would hope that there will be similar libraries available
> in one or the other Oberon environment and that the syntax is 99 %
> compatible.

OPCL has the same modules (or similar modules, i.e. Console instead of
Out), adapted for command line. I experimented with PELinker from ETH
Oberon PlugIn 2.6 Prerelease, it works good. Some info on it you can
read here (in Russian, use Google translator):

http://zx.oberon2.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13

http://zx.oberon2.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11

But I'm not sure that PlugIn/OPCL is compatible with Windows 8/10.

Binary compatibility with new OS versions is a problem of
Oberon-environments that produce stand-alone executables. So for this
purpose I use translation Oberon to C (in XDev).

--
Oleg N. Cher
VEDAsoft Oberon Club