[Oberon] New FPGA Oberon board

greim greim at schleibinger.com
Sat May 16 14:51:55 CEST 2015

Hello Magnus,
Hello Chris,

An FPGAOberon board would be great!

My suggestions:

- Baseboard incl. FPGA, SRAM (incl. Goldcap or battery buffer), SD-Card
   (usable as standalone embedded system).

- All interfaces (PS/2, Keyboard, VGA or HDMI..on a extra shield or
breakboard. Maybe following the mechanical and electrical specs of the
Arduinio (DUO, Mega?) shields. This standard is not only used by
hobbyists also TI, Intel etc. are now offering evaluation boards with
this interface.

- More I/O space for external individual hardware. I know we are running
out of the I/O lines. Maybe using one or two SERDES chip.

- More SRAM to bring color in the  future of Oberon!

Should we start a Kickstarter Project?

Maybe some support from Xilinx? I can imagine, after the paper presented
in their journal, there maybe some feedback from Universities etc.

Regards

Markus Greim

I will cross-post this message in the Oberon list and in the Saanlima Forum