[Oberon] Windows 8.1

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Jul 27 14:39:20 CEST 2015

I have had the Windows PlugIn version running for some years on my Windows 7 Pro system without requiring compatibility mode and without any problems.

I just tried installing it on Windows 8.1 without any special compatibility settings. I tested listing directories, editing a file and compiling a file without problems.

All that I can think of is that you have an older version of the software. The version I have displays as "ETH PlugIn Oberon for WindowsTM / Win32 2.5 (7.2.2009)"

I just checked the ETH download site and there is a later version that displays "ETH PlugIn Oberon for WindowsTM / Win32 2.5 (18.12.2010)":

ftp://ftp.ethoberon.ethz.ch/Oberon/ETHOberon/Win95NT/PlugIn/

If are using an older version then I recommend that you try with this one - the ftp date shows as 05/12/2011.

Good Luck!

Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.astrobe.com