[Oberon] OLR and data storage.

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Fri Sep 25 11:24:58 CEST 2015

Am 23.09.2015 um 17:26 schrieb Peter Easthope:
> Hello,
>
> In OLR, has anyone found a way to store user data separately
> from OLR system data?  As a specific example, OLR is installed
> in /home/peter/olr on the HDD.  User data is in a SDHC card.
> The SDHC can be mounted at /home/peter/olr/SDHC.
>
> ls /home/peter/olr/SDHC/* shows the contents of the SDHC.
> System.Directory ./SDHC/* ~ shows nothing.
>
> Does anyone have a clever solution?

Hi Peter,

I was out for holidays, so the answer a little bit later:

System.Directory does not show the files in the ./SDHC directory. Only
flat files. However, you can open and store the files of that directory
using the filename with the directory. E.g. Edit.Open ./SDHC/Test.Text ~
as long as filename length is not exceeded. "." and "/" at the beginning
work, "~" at the beginning does not work as this is evaluated in the
shell and not in the kernel.

Also pattern matching algorithm has a bug. E.G. System.Directory *.Mod~
does not show Modules.Mod. If someone has a clever implementation,
please let me know. For the Linux kernel side I will implement it.

Regards,
	Peter