[Oberon] Fwd: Ulm Oberon

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:23:10 CEST 2015

Small mistake, this should go to the list.

Joerg

Here is how to contruct ELF files. Not for you so much, but whoever comes
after us:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elftoolchain/files/Documentation/libelf-by-example/20120308/

download the pdf.

the issue it appears is not bitrot. It is a student :) and a very
convenient unix box for bootstrapping, that we now dont have.
Das ist eine von die Unschönheiten, wie der Borchert damals sagte.
The oberon object files are more or less rightly disassembled, but the
fault is in the building of the ascii tables: there is exactly one name in
the elf file.
In any case: it is the usual building of C fairy castles with lots of
pointers pointing and offsets offsetting and drummers drumming and so on.
And then at the end libelf graciously writes the fairy castles to disk for
us. So plenty of room for mistakes and no good way of debugging afterwards,
unless you break into the kernel source files.

So I think I will perhaps rebuild the fairy castles 'working bit' by
'working bit' and write to disk and test after each added bit, to see what
is produced. It is maddening.

cheers,

j.