[Oberon] Re (2): OLR and data storage.

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:28:13 CEST 2015

Peter(E) and Peter(M).

Here are the results from my machine for the System.Directory *.Tool

Backup.Tool
BootLinker.Tool
Compiler.Tool
Configuration.Tool
ET.Tool
Edit.Tool
FAT.Tool
FileSystem.Tool
Files.Tool
GZip.Tool
Greek.Tool
IFS.Tool
Math.Tool
Miscellaneous.Tool
NetSystem.Tool
OLR.Gadgets.Tool
OLR.Make.Tool
PPP.Tool
Partitions.Tool
Rel.DOS.Tool
Rel.Network.Tool
Script.Tool
System.Tool
Tools.Tool
Usb.Tool
Zip.Tool

And here is the same result but in Linux:

jan at janDell:~/Oberon-olr/olr$ ls -1 *.Tool
Backup.Tool
BootLinker.Tool
Compiler.Tool
Configuration.Tool
Edit.Tool
ET.Tool
FAT.Tool
Files.Tool
FileSystem.Tool
Greek.Tool
GZip.Tool
IFS.Tool
Math.Tool
Miscellaneous.Tool
NetSystem.Tool
OLR.Gadgets.Tool
OLR.Make.Tool
Partitions.Tool
PPP.Tool
Rel.DOS.Tool
Rel.Network.Tool
Script.Tool
System.Tool
Tools.Tool
Usb.Tool
Zip.Tool
jan at janDell:~/Oberon-olr/olr$

The only difference is the sorting method, but I can live with that. Its
probably an artifarct from NW's String comparison idea.

So I think we might conclude that sofar the problem exibits differently on
a 64 bit machine.
Since we now did a System.Directory with exactly the same FileDir.Mod
software.
But it would be nice if Peter Matthias repeated this test also.

And perhaps you might tell us your machine details Peter M?

I will try to look through the Kernel.Log a bit later.

Cheers,

j.