[Oberon] OberonStation

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Wed Oct 28 12:04:52 CET 2015

Dear Oberoners,

I'd like to announce Victor Yurkovsky's OberonStation, an experimental
custom FPGA board he has designed specifically to run the FPGA-based
32-bit RISC computer which is described in the 2013 edition of Project
Oberon by Niklaus Wirth and Juerg Gutknecht.

Porting the FPGA RISC system to the OberonStation involved adapting the
RISC5Top.v and VID.v Verilog modules only slightly from the reference
implementation which Prof. Wirth and I developed for the Digilent Spartan
3 FPGA board.  I've also added a new MouseM.v module, now supporting
Microsoft mice (for either board).  The software and boot ROM are
unchanged.

In the meantime Prof. Wirth has also made portability improvements to the
RS232 receiver, and the RISC5 integer multiply and divide, the floating
point implementations, and the address width.

See the links below for details.
http://oberonstation.x10.mx/
http://projectoberon.com/
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/