[Oberon] Blacklisting

Peter Easthope peter at easthope.ca
Tue Dec 1 06:56:21 CET 2015

On Mon, November 30, 2015 7:34 pm, Nemo wrote:
>> 192.185.51.172 blacklisted at zen.dnsbl.ethz.ch 127.0.0.4 (in reply to
>> RCPT TO command)

> Many of these sites have web-entry forms for reporting and work on a
> "guilty until shown otherwise" principle.

In this case the bounce message reports "blacklisted at zen.dnsbl.ethz.ch".
That is a machine belonging to ETH or operated on behalf of ETH, correct?
I am allowed to subscribe to the mailing list and therefore receive
messages from it.  The blacklisting prevents me from submitting messages.

> A friend of mine had his
> ISP site black-listed because a customer of his customer had a dispute
> and black-listed the entire site.

That is a blacklisting of a Web site?  In this case ETH is blacklisting
IP address 192.185.51.172 and possibly other addresses belonging to
websitewelcome.com.  Seems peculiar at best.  If an administrator at ETH
wants me to stop submitting messages to oberon at lists.inf.ethz.ch

Regards,                ... P. Lyall E.

--
Telephone 1 360 639 0202 or +13606390202.
Bcc: peter at easthope.ca  http://easthope.ca/Shop.html