[Oberon] OS X and Oberon

Jan Tuitman jan.tuitman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 08:44:36 CET 2016

I run the OS X emulator of Peter de Wachter, with Oberon  2013 on it, on Mac OSX Yosemite. (plan to go to El Capitan somewhere soon).

It compiles very easily, just install
- xcode command line tools (sudo xcode-select install),
- and libsdl . (I believe I installed this using homebrew, but I forgot).
After that the makefile works without modifications, so just run `make` in a terminal and everything should work fine.

The only os related bug so far is that i cannot type the "~" symbol, probably because of keyboard code mapping issues. Fortunately most Oberon commands that I use don't depend on that, so I can work without ~.

I also have made a little tool (in java) to create disk images on the host system, I didnt plan to mention this yet, because it needs some improvements, but now I am mailing, might as well mention it. It is over here: https://github.com/jantuitman/oberon-disktool

Also the pclink1 modue and the clipboard extensions that come with Peters emulator run fine for me.

regards,
Jan Tuitman