[Oberon] OP2 for 64 bit ARM and/or RISC5

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Wed Jan 20 22:42:16 CET 2016

Am 20.01.2016 um 17:18 schrieb skulski at pas.rochester.edu:
> Any chance for the RISC5 version of OP2? Oberon-wise it could make an
> impact. Why is OP2 not available for RISC5 which has been intentionally
> developed to make the life easy for the compiler writer?

An Oberon-2 compiler would be nice to get source code compatibility.
However, there are several drawbacks:
- lack of RISC5 data types might hamper compatibility
- OP2 needs much more RAM which might prevent running it on RISC5

For me, there are other reasons:
- lack of qemu for RISC5 makes programming more difficult
- tight integration of my system with the linux kernel and missing linux
on RISC5

Regards,
	Peter