[Oberon] Oberon language family and the master.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 01:48:40 CET 2016

> But it all depends on your needs. So, what is the intention of your
> question?

I agree, languages have special purpose.
Pascal was for (system? or application?) programming.
Modula was for system programming.
Oberon is for system programming.
I would like to see here, how system programming languages evolve.
And how Wirthian languages differ from C and C++.
And what is the simple but not simpler set of features that a system programming languages need to have.
Basically my interest here is compare and contrast language features, needed vs not-needed features.

So here I got a doubt, which version of Oberon I should look at?
Oberon-7 or Active Oberon or Concurrent Oberon or ?

Or, do we propose to create our own language for our own purpose,
learning how these Oberon versions have been created for special needs?

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak

Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/