[Oberon] Concurrency support in Oberon

Lars O noreply at z505.com
Mon Jan 25 01:13:38 CET 2016

John R. Strohm wrote:
> No, Oberon has no concurrency support in the language.
>

> The Oberon system provides a simple event loop, that allows programmers
> to do simple round-robin run-til-done scheduling.

It's probably already been mentioned, but there is a concurrent SUPER
PASCAL history out there, along with concurrent oberon, known as I
believe:

Active Oberon
Zonnon?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=concurrent+oberon

See also interesting history:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=SUPER+PASCAL

Languages that faded away into academic obscurity? Super Pascal, Pascal/R
(relational pascal)...  Anyone have the electric chargers from the
hospital emergency room so I can bring back to life the dead toys?