[Oberon] Experimental Oberon released

Hans Klaver hklaver at dds.nl
Tue Jan 26 01:47:57 CET 2016

Peter L. Easthope wrote:

> From:	Andreas Pirklbauer, Sat, 23 Jan 2016 12:16:16 +0000
>> Installation instructions for Experimental Oberon are provided in the README file:
>> https://github.com/andreaspirklbauer/Oberon-experimental/blob/master/README.md
>
> Thanks for woking on this.  Until now I've never tried to read a *.md file.
> How do you recommend it be read.  A text editor is a last resort but there
> must be something better.

"md" stands for Markdown, which is a simple way to markup a plain text file without using HTML.

Apart from using a web browser to let github.com convert the README.md file to an HTML web page you could use e.g. Notebooks ( http://www.notebooksapp.com/ios/markdown/ ) to see the formatted view of a .md file

I use Notebooks (which has free trial versions for Mac and PC, and also a version for iOS)  to make and arrange plain text notes (including Markdown notes) and synchronize them between my different computers and iPhone. In Notebooks you can edit a text file using Markdown syntax and switch on-the-fly to the formatted view.

Hans Klaver