[Oberon] Compiling Original Oberon in (Unix)Aos?

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Fri Feb 5 17:56:14 CET 2016

Am 05.02.2016 um 05:00 schrieb Eric Scharff:

> On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:06 PM, Peter Matthias <PeterMatthias at web.de> wrote:
>
>> You could try to run it virtualized. Maybe
>> http://oberon.wikidot.com/devices
>> is a starting point.
>

> I'll experiment virtualization, but getting files on and off of the virtual image might be cumbersome...

True because of different filesystems.

>> BTW, an ARM device running Gadgets also only costs 15 bucks or so.
>

> Do you have a recommendation? A Raspberry Pi 2 costs $35. Do you know of a better ARM machine that will run OLR well?

I use Orange Pi PC. http://www.orangepi.org/orangepipc/ Currently out of
stock, but will be available later. Software support is better on RPi as
for OPi you currently have to fix the image for USB support and
stability. Once OPi runs, IMHO it is better than RPi.

If you can spend 40 USD, this will likely become a nice box:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=18683

I saw that there is a Linux Syscall extension for BSD ("linuxulator").
If OS X has X-Windows and you try this you can PM me to get correct
environment variables.

Peter