[Oberon] Apples vs Oranges

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Feb 15 11:05:45 CET 2016

On Mon, February 15, 2016 2:52 am, I previously wrote:

>  the BeagleBone is competing though since the BeagleBone is more
> open, and also CubieBoard.

A way to cut costs on the OberonStation (second version) may in fact be to
remove the FPGA, as that may be the costly part. I have not researched
this and am speaking in ignorance here. i.e. rasp pi FPGA accessories and
boards are quite expensive, yet the rasp pi itself is not so expensive.

How come oberon station uses an FPGA, is it for absolute precise control
over everything, whereas a fixed circuit would not be as teachable or as
controllable?  Or FPGA is easier to run oberon on?