[Oberon] Pepino LX9, USB, and other hardware running OBERON

Uwe Bannow ubannow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:29:29 CET 2016

The USB Port is used as a virtual COM Port for the serial interface of the
Oberon system when running Oberon.

The mini USB connector is connected to the FTDI FT2232H Chip, not directly
to the FPGA:

Quoted from the Pepino description:
"USB device interface: High-speed (480 Mbits/s) interface using a 2-channel
FTDI FT2232H chip. Channel A is wired for JTAG. *Channel B is wired for
serial*
(max 12 Mbaud) or MPSSE mode."

The USB Port can be used for programming the bit stream for the FPGA
and debugging (as a JTAG interface) as well (Channel A of the FTDI FT2232H).

Cheers - Uwe