[Oberon] 8051 book with Fuzzy Logic chapter

skulski at pas.rochester.edu skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Feb 18 05:24:07 CET 2016

John Roberts wrote me (in private):

> It is possible the book you read on the Keil CD
> is "The Final Word on the 8051" by Matthew Chapman.

> If you can confirm this is the proper document you read
> [do you still have it accessible, or your Keil CD
> or the files from it?], perhaps we can track down
> a trustworthy location (and/or contact the author) and
> you can announce the proper information to the Oberon list.

John, this is exactly right! I still have the Keil CD labeled "Keil
Development Tools CD-ROM" Release 0.5 2001. I am glad I kept it.

I loaded it into the CD drive H:. The file is named FINALWD.PDF in
directory H:\GUIDES. It is dated 4/17/1997. File size on the CD 1,515 kB.
The book has 255 pages. And indeed, on the bottom of page 255 it says ©
Matthew Chapman 1994. I missed that note.

So yes, we can announce that the mystery has been solved. I think it is a
very good book. The final chapter on fuzzy logic is very interesting. It
is one of those masterpieces that make a lasting impression (at least on
me ;-).

Thank you for finding it on the net!

Wojtek