[Oberon] strings in oberon-07

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sat Feb 20 09:19:07 CET 2016

On Tue, February 16, 2016 5:36 am, Guenter Dotzel wrote:
> Lars,
> here's a recent string handling/website example:
>
> http://www.modulaware.com/mdlt/index.php?n=98&width=1920&height=1067

Hi, thanks. I am going to reread it as I have just skimmed over it. I did
not find the word "concat" anywhere on the page. From what I remember long
ago Wojtek once complained about having to do CONCAT() everywhere in his
code, or something similar, on a usenet post instead of just going

stringa + stringb + stringc

write in the code, inline, without all the concat calls which does not
improve readability. The plus sign is not the required operator, it could
be "&" or whatever. Oberon doesnt have a way to write operator code, as
that would be operator overloading like in FPC or C.. and is against such
features. So you are stuck with Oberon module with limited ability. How do
you solve the CONCAT problem. I did not see it discussed in your article,
but I just skimmed it so far, and will re-read.

Lars
Real World Programmer
Concatting strings since, 1983, when I first burped or cried.