[Oberon] RISC5 implementation issues.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun Feb 21 22:26:44 CET 2016

The External SRAM chapter is Chapter 11 in my (2008) edition of Pong P.
Chu's book. Some of the closing comments in section 11.5.5 Advanced FPGA
Features state:

"The memory controller examples in this section illustrate the limitations
of the FSM-based controller and synchronous design methodology"
"Due to the variations in propagation delays, he synthesized circuits are
not reliable and may or may not work"
"Detailed discussion of DCM and IOB is beyond the scope of this book".

It is the use of DCM that has been the focus of the recent discussions here.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Burrows
CFB Software