[Oberon] Message Objects in Oberon

Florian Negele negelef at gmx.net
Mon Mar 28 13:47:20 CEST 2016

Dear Srinivas,

according to the procedures Texts.Store and Texts.Close from your source
code, Oberon text files begin with two tag bytes indicating the type and
version, followed by a four byte offset that skips the rest of the
header and points to the beginning of the actual contents. The offset is
relative to the beginning of the file and represented in the byte order
of the machine that stored the file in the first place (little-endian in
your case). Note that Oberon uses carriage-return characters for new
lines whereas Linux uses new-line characters. With this information at
hand, it should be easy to write a small converter tool running on your
system. Please feel free to contact me if you need further help.

Best regards,
Florian