[Oberon] paint.mod - support for colours

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Wed Mar 30 20:24:26 CEST 2016

Hi

Yes, the HW supports all colors you like.
The VID.v "just" reads the pixels from memory and pushes them (hopefully with correct timing) on the video interface (VGA or HDMI)

But you need memory to store the pixels, and get them out in time :-)
And Display.Mod has to write the pixels to memory in the correct order (and color) so VID.v understands it.

If you want to uses the Oberon system as programming environment, a smaller resolution does not make a lot of sense, as you won't have enough pixels left for your different tracks/windows. You know, programmers love big screens to have all their sources they work on opened and visible in parallel...

br
Jörg