[Oberon] Re (2): RISC.img format

Lars noreply at z505.com
Thu Mar 31 05:36:31 CEST 2016

On Mon, March 21, 2016 3:11 pm, Chris Burrows wrote
>> peter at easthope.ca Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:21 AM
>> Functionally equivalent devices on eBay are priced as little as 1 $US
>> delivered to your mailbox.
>
> Does that include a free bottle of snake oil? :)

Actually, I used to sell these for 0.99 on ebay to bring up feedback score
and raise my sales volume to obtain power seller status.

They really are available for 1 dollar, as I should know, I used to sell
them.  You can buy them for like maybe 20 cents from China, then sell them
for 0.99.

Every once in a while you do get a bad one that does not work, like all
chinese products. But most of them, maybe 85-95 percent work, at $0.99

With the paypal fee of 30-50 cents per transaction, plus ebay fees, plus
stamps to send it, selling it at $0.99 ends up with a loss of about 10-50
cents.  It's great, you lose money. Pretty much a win win situation when
you lose your money and make your wallet lighter to carry, burning less
calories.

As I said, I purely sold them for 99 cents to bring up my ebay feedback
quantity to obtain power seller status. Many chinese sellers are losing
money on their 99 cent products, either they are dumb and cannot figure
out that paypal transaction fees and postage fees are more than 0.99...,.
or they are selling them purely to become power sellers, as the more sales
you make (didn't matter about money amount) the more discount you get as a
power seller. It's playing the system to get discounts on your ebay fees.

Sorry for the ebay lesson.