[Oberon] Oberon RS232 - file exchange with Linux

thomas.kral at email.cz thomas.kral at email.cz
Sat Apr 2 17:27:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

I tried the following and it works,

8 bits, no parity, 1 stop, no handshake, no modem
$ sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB1 19200 cs8 -crtscts -clocal -cread

$ echo -ne \\x20\\x20\\x20\\x20\\x20 > /dev/ttyUSB1
$ cat /dev/ttyUSB1 > dump
$ hd dump
00000000 10 10 10 10 10 |.....|
00000005

Five REQs sent, five ACKs received, so basic LOOP test works.

I was also hinted by Chris to use ORC.Mod, that is part of the project and is suited to connect with RISC to exchange files.

I  have compiled it under LNO (OLR for RPI), when sending a test file,

ORC.Send Test.txt ,

I got .. after timeout

'connection not open'

Thanks for help so far