[Oberon] Re (2): Global font change on OLR

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Apr 3 08:21:42 CEST 2016

From:	Srinivas Nayak <sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com>
Date:	Sun, 3 Apr 2016 08:46:07 +0530
> Don't you all suffer from small fonts?

Yes.  A show-stopper for OLR on my machines at least.
Sorry to say, Peter.  No offense intended.

> How did you adapted your Oberons?

The viewers or windows in UnixAOS are stretchable.
Therefore open UnixAOS in existing screen or screens.
Open an Oberon subsystem with display proportioned
reasonably.  The viewer should be large enough so that
the text doesn't spill from the tracks but not so big as
to leave too much empty space.  Then grab the lower
right corner of the subsystem viewer and stretch it to
the scale desired.  Here, all of the steps except the
last stretch are automated.  The Oberon system opening
is configured in Configuration.XML.  Details in
http://easthope.ca/UnixAosUsage.html .  You will have
to experiment a little to achieve a satisfactory screen
layout.

Ideally the stretch should be automated.  If a scaling
command exists, I haven't found it.  Wouldn't be difficult
for a UnixAOS expert.

Regards,               ... Lyall E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202